- 2 large eggs
- 4 or 5 slices of bread - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato - chopped
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 2 green chillies - finely chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 Tablespoon red chili powder
Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the onions, tomatoes, green chillies, chili powder, salt and pepper. Beat everything together with a fork.
Heat a frying pan with 1 or 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil over medium-low heat.
Pour the egg mixture into the pan and tilt pan to spread over the entire surface - keep the flame low.
Put the bread slices on the egg mixture such that the bread sticks to the mixture. Cover the entire egg mixture with the bread pieces.
Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until egg is nearly set. Turn the omelette over and cook until the bread turns golden brown.
Remove from heat and serve hot with ketchup.